Blue Tuesday


Holy crap, the networks have called Ohio for Obama. Ohio. Given the craziness of Ohio in 2004, Obama's primary defeat to Hillary Clinton here this year, and some weirdly passive-aggressive behavior from the Cleveland Plain Dealer this fall, I really didn't know which way the state would go (although, given the remarkably bad state of Ohio's economy, especially in northeast Ohio, this should've been a cakewalk for the Dems). If this holds, I am very, very proud that my state went for Obama.

In fact, if the election projections thus far hold, nearly every state I've ever lived in will go Obama (Minnesota, Michigan, Illinois, my birth state of New Jersey and Ohio are already called, and Florida is leaning Obama at the moment). I like to think it has something to do with my aura being spread all over the states...

Even more remarkably, Arizona and North Carolina are, as of 9:49, anyway, too close to call. This is going to be a huge, huge night.

UPDATE (10:13 P.M.): Whoops! Forgot Indiana, where I spent four happy years at Indiana University. I guess I'm so used to that state going red that it completely slipped my mind. Right now, McCain is ahead, but the fact that it's in play, to the tune of a few thousand votes, is a remarkable achievement for Obama-- the state hasn't gone Dem since 1960.

Comments

Anonymous said…
If you watch Fox News, McCain's got it in the bag!
Brian Doan said…
Ha! I thought Fox would declare it for Barr...

Popular Posts