Displacements


A recent dream: I'm part of the John McCain entourage, a reporter nervously fumbling questions while Maureen Dowd rattles off health care statistics and Congressional bill numbers with ease (I know this is a dream because Maureen Dowd can rattle off health care statistics and Congressional bill numbers with ease). When I finally get a face-to-face with McCain in the back of his plane (which somehow transforms in the middle of the interview into a campaign office), he stares at me sternly, occasional suggestions of puzzlement clouding his eyes, as if I'm a rare specimen or some kind of alien being he's never seen before.

While I don't think this dream puts me in Maeve Reston territory, it just reconfirms that November 4th really can't get here fast enough.

Comments

Popular Posts