Guys and "Dolls"

It's the trailer for Joss Whedon's new show, Dollhouse!

Geek...excitement...building...



Olivia Williams looks stylish and quietly menacing as the head of the organization, Eliza Dushku looks tough, funny and vulnerable as the lead "doll," and Battlestar Galactica's Tahmoh Penikett looks very cool as the FBI agent trying to unravel the mystery. The trailer suggests Whedon's talent for dialogue that simultaneously reveals character and pops with sensual play is undimmed, but it's the wonderfully widescreen look of the thing that really turns me on. It hints that all that time filming Serenity and pounding out Wonder Woman script drafts really kicked Whedon's already movie-stuffed visual imagination into high gear, and that he might have figured out how to turn a midseason replacement show into the world's coolest seven-hour movie.

(h/t to Dave for sending me the link).

Comments

Bob Westal said…
I actually hadn't seen that. Ya-hoo. Looks like JW is going to some new places here, and that's always good.
Brian Doan said…
Bob-- Yeah, I think so, too, and that's why the visuals excite me, since they seem to signify that new direction you rightly note.

John-- I know. There are moments when Joss Whedon reduces me to a drooling fanboy. (:

Popular Posts