Rock On

Tagged by Larry with the following meme:

The Debut Album Generator!

1. Go here. The first wikipedia article you get is the name of your band.

2. Go here. The last four words of the very last quote of the page is the title of your first album.

3. Go here. The third picture, no matter what it is, will be your album cover.

Voila! Your band has released its debut album and is ready to rock to the top of the chart!


Cool! I always wanted to start a band, and this is way easier than learning an instrument.

Let's see...Step One...

1. My band name: Mühlacker Water Tower

2. My debut album: ...Worth it. Be kind.

3. My album cover:



I'll tag The Digital Sextant, Salon de Frankie, and (although he doesn't have a blog, why leave him out of the fun?) Dave J. (Dave, you can just leave your answers in the comments section if you want to play). On the wiki link on step one, just hit "random article" on the left sidebar when you get to the main page, and whatever article comes up will be your band name. Similarly, if you want a new page of random quotations on step two (if you just end up getting the same quote as everyone), hit "New Page of Quotations" at the bottom of the page. Have fun! Rock on!

Comments

Greg said…
Your's is the first I've seen that actually feels like a real indie band name, album and cover. It all works together.
Here's what I came up with. Very pharmaceutical:

http://salondefrankie.blogspot.com/2008/06/album-tagged.html
Brian Doan said…
Jonathan,
Yeah, that green album cover is really eerie, isn't it? And that whole "water tower" thing sounds like a band Paul Westerberg might have formed in the 80s.

Francoise,
Just read your link-- great, wonderfully appropriate coincidences in how the three categories matched up!
Anonymous said…
My band: Guido of Siena

My album title: Of Your Essential Being

My album cover: a really cheesy picture of a tiger

Y'know, I was thinking in terms of the first two that it would end up as a kind of Belle and Sebastian kind of indie group. As it turns out, however, the cheesy tiger image pushes it into disco or a lounge act that never quite made it.
Brian Doan said…
Dave,
Suddenly I'm picturing Will Ferrell is a really bad 70s disco outfit, posing moodily with a tiger on the album cover.

Popular Posts