Philadelphia, Here We Come...



Our panel was accepted for this spring's Society for Cinema and Media Studies conference. It will be great to see old friends on the panel, as well as others attending the conference. I've also never been to Philly (note to self: take picture of myself next to Rocky statue), which should be cool. All that, and I get to write and present about The OC as a model for new kinds of cinema writing (since I am coming from the midwest's version of The OC, it feels appropriate). Of course, now I have to write said paper (there's always a catch)...

Comments

Anonymous said…
You will love Philly. The museum is actually beautiful (despite or because of--I'll let you be the judge--the Rocky statue). I highly recommend checking out the medieval cloister and the Japanese garden, aside from the impressive art collections. Oh, and you should definitely check out the Duchamp section.

Popular Posts